The Centre for Constitutional Studies is seeking summer students (May 9 –August 5, 2022) to research and write articles on constitutional issues for our website, and to work on Public Legal Education projects.
- Current status as a 1st or 2nd year J.D. student at the University of Alberta;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Interest in constitutional issues;
- Ability to write in plain language;
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Hours & Rate of Pay:
- 35 hours per week for 12 weeks between May 9th and August 5th, 2022.
To apply, please email the following documents to Patricia Paradis, Executive Director, at email@example.com:
- Cover letter;
- V. (including contact information for at least one reference);
- Scanned copy of all official, post-secondary transcripts.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday, February 11, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample and/or partake in a writing evaluation.
For further information:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be selected by February 25, 2022.
The Centre and University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women, Indigenous persons, members of visible minority groups, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.